The end of the convertible era?

After 15 years, I traded my 17-year-old Mustang convertible this week for the more grown up, fuel-efficient (boring) car sitting beside her.



It was a tough decision. I loved that Mustang, but her parts were going bad and dropping off. It was time to put her out to pasture.


This is my baby being towed in the spring--just the first of several times this year she had to visit the garage in an ambulance.


She was ready to relax, get out of traffic, have a nice cold quart of oil on the veranda. Funny how she got so old and I didn't! :)

She carried small, squealing children, who now at 6 feet+, have literally outgrown her. She carried saxes and costumery and dogs and beach chairs. And she carried me; offering a ride home in the open air after a long day in a cube filled with artificial ligh

Enjoy your rest, old girl! And thanks for 15 years of joy.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Donkey with a death wish

Nana goes to college

The cats who killed Christmas