NaNoWriMore

NaNoWriMo needs to be renamed. It stands for National Novel Writing Month, and is going on now. But it needs to stand for National Novel Writing MORE, because if you miss a day or, heaven forbid, two, the number of words you have to write to catch up becomes exponentially MORE impossible with every passing minute.

The goal is to have a 50,000-word novel written within the month of November, or 1,666 words each day. I did great for the first seven days. Then life got in the way. As of today, I am officially 6,666 words behind! When I wake up tomorrow I will be more than 8,000 words behind. And what am I doing--blogging. Because, frankly, it's a lot easier to complain about writing than it is to do it.

Try it, you'll see. Feel free to complain in the comments. Reading your complaints will provide me another much-needed form of procrastination.

Comments

Morgan Mandel said…
I keep thinking I'll start writing the novel after I do all the comments to everyone on my blogroll. If I were serious, it would be the other way around.

Morgan Mandel
http://morganmandel.blogspot.com
Adrienne said…
That's one of the many reasons I'm not attempting it - I don't need another reason to feel like I'm behind.
But hey, if you did great the first week you must have close to 12,000 words...that's 12,000 more than you'd have if you didn't sign up!

Popular posts from this blog

Donkey with a death wish

Nana goes to college

The cats who killed Christmas