7 things I've learned from my dad

Today's my dad's birthday. Rather than wish him the standard Happy Birthday, which I do wish him, I thought I'd honor him with a list of things he's taught me over the years. He was a math teacher after all, way early in his life--before I came along, thank goodness--however, math is NOT one of the things he was able to teach me.

Things I've learned from my dad:

1. Dogs are not only man's best friend, but can be woman's too.

Daddy and Leroy
Leroy

2. Never buy a new car.

3. It's important to have hobbies, and if the hobby requires a costume, even better.

Daddy in his "assless" motorcycle chaps and Harley vest
chaps

4. A sense of humor helps in any situation and hides a multitude of sins.

5. A song can brighten your day, so learn the words and at least the bass part, even if you don't know the melody.

Daddy singing with Lesley and Jim
singing

6. Thessaloniki, Greece, is a great place for a father-daughter trip

Daddy at the church of St. Dimitrios in Thessaloniki
Daddy Agios Dimitrios

7. Showing up may not be the only important part of fatherhood, but it is what I remember when I look back at my childhood. Thank you for always being there when I needed you or wanted you.

Happy Birthday!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Donkey with a death wish

Nana goes to college

The cats who killed Christmas