Blue Bottle Tree

I've always heard blue bottle trees keep the haints (that's Southern speak for evil spirits) out of your house. They are drawn to the pretty bottles, get sucked in and can't get out. Following a serious infestation of haints, my husband decided it was time to take action.

He gave me a blue bottle tree kit (4 bottles of wine in blue bottles and a promise to construct a tree) for my birthday.

Here's a picture of the work in progress (I love wine and just keep adding bottles!). The green fairy is optional.

bottle-tree

We added the party lights to keep the haints happy. Don't want 'em trying to escape!

Store bought trees, complete with bottles, can also be found. And I admit, love some of these at bottletree.com. But there's something special about catching haints in your own bottles hung on a tree of your own design.

Show me your blue bottle trees in the comments. I'd love to see them.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Donkey with a death wish

Nana goes to college

The cats who killed Christmas