Dream Job

I've been job hunting this spring and summer--long, stressful story about contracts not renewed. And the other night I dreamed some convoluted dream--you know how they can be--about a job involving pasta, the beach and blogging.

These are three of my favorite things, but I can't for the life of me figure out how to make a career out of them.

• Pasta: I love to eat it, but who's going to pay me to do that? And I'm not a cook--good or otherwise, so the chances of my making a fortune off some brilliant pasta recipe are slimmer than the skinny jeans hanging in my closet that I can't get into anymore.

• Beach: I can't afford to live on the beach, and that's where I'd want to be, right on the water, the sound of the waves soothing any other dreams I might have that aren't as good as this one. (And, besides, Chris doesn't like the beach enough to live there, so I'd have to go alone.)

• Blogging: If I sat around in my pjs all day blogging (Not that I really think that's what bloggers do. My favorite bloggers obviously get out--a lot. That's why I like to read them. But, it's what I was doing in one of the less convoluted parts of my dream, which was a LOT less convoluted than this sentence.) well, I wouldn't have to worry about affording the beach or whether or not Chris would move there, because I couldn't even afford the pasta and Chris would not put up with that for very long. And I wouldn't really blame him.

So, any ideas how to combine the above into a recipe for success? Please make the recipe easy to follow, 'cause, like I said, I don't cook.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Donkey with a death wish

The cats who killed Christmas

Nana goes to college